Blog page 168

Rural Municipality of Val Marie No. 17

Val Marie No. 17 is a rural municipality in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan, located in the southwestern part of the province on the United States border. It includes the western portion of Grasslands National Park in its southeastern porti ...

Rural Municipality of Viscount No. 341

Viscount No. 341 is a rural municipality of 386 residents in the central part of Saskatchewan, Canada. The rural municipality was incorporated on December 13, 1909. Localities in the area include Viscount and Plunkett. A rural municipality is an ...

Rural Municipality of Walpole No. 92

The Rural Municipality of Walpole No. 92, Saskatchewan was originally called Pipestone No. 92, Saskatchewan and is now named Walpole as of January 30, 1910. The original founding date of Pipestone was December 12, 1910

Rural Municipality of Waverley No. 44

Waverley No. 44 is a rural municipality of 422 rural residents in the southwestern part of Saskatchewan, Canada. The RM was incorporated February 1, 1913. Other urban municipalities in the area include Fir Mountain, Glentworth, and Wood Mountain. ...

Rural Municipality of Wawken No. 93

Wawken No. 93 is a rural municipality in south-east Saskatchewan, Canada encompassing 836.39 square kilometers in area. The rural municipality maintains offices in the community of Wawota, Saskatchewan. The rural municipality in conjunction with ...

Rural Municipality of Webb No. 138

Webb No. 138, Saskatchewan is a rural municipality of 556 rural residents in the southwestern part of Saskatchewan, Canada. The RM was incorporated December 9, 1912. Other urban municipalities in the area include Melaval and Woodrow. A rural muni ...

Rural Municipality of Wheatlands No. 163

Wheatlands No. 163, Saskatchewan is a rural municipality of 164 rural residents in the southwestern part of Saskatchewan, Canada. The RM was incorporated December 13, 1909. Other localities in the area include Mortlach, and Parkbeg. The Coteau Hi ...

Rural Municipality of Wilton No. 472

Wilton No. 472 is a rural municipality of 1.473 rural residents in the northwestern part of Saskatchewan, Canada. The RM was incorporated October 1909. Other localities in the area include Village of Marshall and the Town of Lashburn The city of ...

Rural Municipality of Winslow No. 319

The following urban municipalities are surrounded by the Rural Municipality: Cities none Towns none Villages Plenty Dodsland Resort villages none The following hamlets are located within the Rural Municipality: Hamlets none Special service areas ...

Rural Municipality of Wolseley No. 155

Wolseley No. 155, Saskatchewan is a rural municipality of 438 rural residents in the southeastern region of Saskatchewan, Canada. The residents are also a part of SARM Division No. 1, Yorkton - Melville Economic Region and Census Division No. 5, ...

Rural Municipality of Wolverine No. 340

Wolverine No. 340 started out with the name Plasterfield from December 13, 1909 until March 31, 1910, when the name changed to Wolverine No. 340. This name derives from Wolverine Lake, which lies near the center of the RM. The rationale behind th ...

Rural Municipality of Wood Creek No. 281

According to the Canada 2006 Census: Population density per square kilometre- 0.3 Land area square km- 832.34 Total Private Dwellings- 117 Population percentage change- -15.7 Population - 274 people

Rural Municipality of Wood River No. 74

Wood River No. 74 is a rural municipality of 422 rural residents in the southwestern part of Saskatchewan, Canada. The RM was incorporated December 9, 1912. Other urban municipalities in the area include Lafleche, Melaval, and Woodrow. A rural mu ...

St. Denis, Saskatchewan

St. Denis is an unincorporated community in the Rural Municipality of Grant No. 372, in the province of Saskatchewan, Canada. The community was founded in 1910. A post office was established at St. Denis in 1909 but it closed in 1911. Leon Denis ...

St. Isidore-de-Bellevue, Saskatchewan

St. Isidore-de-Bellevue is a Fransaskois community in Saskatchewan, Canada, northeast of Saskatoon in the rural municipality of St. Louis No. 431, Saskatchewan. Listed as a designated place by Statistics Canada, the hamlet had a population of 110 ...

Sandy Beach, Saskatchewan

Sandy Beach is a hamlet in Abernethy Rural Municipality No. 186, Saskatchewan, Canada. In 2006 the village had a population of 48 people. It previously held the status of village until it was amalgamated into the District of Katepwa on July 24, 2 ...

Saskatchewan River Forks

Saskatchewan River Forks refers to the area in Canada where the North Saskatchewan and South Saskatchewan rivers merge to create the Saskatchewan River. It is about forty kilometres east of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. This provincial park region ...

Saskatchewan Valley

The name of a geographic area in Saskatchewan, Canada encompassing generally a triangle from North Battleford, to Saskatoon, north to the Saskatchewan River Forks east of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. Historically home to the Cree aboriginal peopl ...

Sceptre, Saskatchewan

Sceptre is a village in southwestern Saskatchewan, with a population of 99 as of the 2006 census. The former school was reopened in 1988 as the Great Sandhills Museum, with exhibits showcasing the areas natural and human history. The village is h ...

Scott, Saskatchewan

Scott is a town in Tramping Lake No. 380, Saskatchewan, Canada. The population was 91 at the 2006 Canada Census. The town is located south of the junction of Highway 14 and Highway 374, approximately 10 km west of the Town of Wilkie. Scott is kno ...

Shackleton, Saskatchewan

Shackleton is a special service area in the Rural Municipality of Miry Creek No. 229, Saskatchewan, Canada. It previously held the status of village until December 31, 2013. The community is located 81 km northwest of the City of Swift Current on ...

Shell Lake, Saskatchewan

Shell Lake is a village in the boreal forest of central Saskatchewan, Canada. Its location is in the Rural Municipality of Spiritwood No. 496. This village is ninety kilometers west of Prince Albert and has 175 residents in 2016. It was formerly ...

Sherwood–Carievale Border Crossing

The Sherwood–Carievale Border Crossing connects the towns of Sherwood, North Dakota and Carievale, Saskatchewan on the Canada–US border. It is reached by North Dakota Highway 28 on the American side and Saskatchewan Highway 8 on the Canadian side ...

Shipman, Saskatchewan

Shipman is a hamlet in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. Listed as a designated place by Statistics Canada, the hamlet had a population of 15 in the Canada 2006 Census, and is currently listed as having 10 residents. The Shipman post office ...

Snowden, Saskatchewan

Snowden is a designated place in Saskatchewan by Statistics Canada, with a population of 22 in the Canada 2006 Census. It is currently listed as having 20 residents. One site lists 14 houses, 12 of which are occupied. The CPR bought the land for ...

Sonningdale, Saskatchewan

Sonngdale is a hamlet in Rural Municipality of Eagle Creek No. 376, Saskatchewan, Canada. The hamlet is located on Highway 376 about 90 km northwest of Saskatoon and 84 km southeast of North Battleford. The hamlet with a population of less than 5 ...

Southend, Saskatchewan

Southend is a community in north eastern Saskatchewan, Canada located at the southern end of Reindeer Lake, the ninth largest lake in Canada. The community is the terminus of Highway 102 and is 221 km north east of La Ronge. The community consist ...

Springside, Saskatchewan

Springside is a town in Saskatchewan, Canada within Rural Municipality of Orkney No. 244. It is located about 24km northwest of the city of Yorkton along the Yellowhead Highway.

Spruce Lake, Saskatchewan

The area around Spruce Lake was first settled in 1910. Quite a large number of the first settlers were German. There were also large amounts of Scandinavians, British, Ukrainian, Polish, and French settlers. The Canadian Northern Railway (now the ...

St. Laurent Ferry

The St. Laurent Ferry is a cable ferry in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. The ferry crosses the South Saskatchewan River, linking Grid Road 783 on the rivers west bank with Grid Road 782 on the east bank, near St. Laurent de Grandin. The s ...

Stranraer, Saskatchewan

Stranraer is an unorganized hamlet located in the Rural Municipality of Mountain View No. 318 in Saskatchewan on Highway 31 and along a now abandoned section of the Kerrobert-Rosetown Canadian Pacific Railway line.

Sturgeon Lake (Saskatchewan)

Sturgeon Lake is northwest of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada. The bordering Sturgeon Lake First Nation takes its name from the lake. The Sturgeon River flows out of the lake eventually joining the North Saskatchewan River a short distance we ...

Sturgeon Lake First Nation

The Sturgeon Lake First Nation is a Cree First Nation band government in Saskatchewan, Canada. Its location is on the eastern shores of Sturgeon Lake about 29 km northwest of Prince Albert. The First Nations territory consists of one reserve, Stu ...

Sturgeon River (Saskatchewan)

The Sturgeon River is a river in the Hudson Bay drainage basin in the census divisions No. 15 and No. 16, Saskatchewan, Canada. It flows from its source in Prince Albert National Park to the North Saskatchewan River just west of Prince Albert.

Sturgis, Saskatchewan

Sturgis is a town of 620 people in east central Saskatchewan, Canada. The Town of Sturgis is 95 km north of Yorkton on Highway 9. It is located in the Assiniboine river valley near the lakes and woods region of the province. The community was nam ...

Sunset View Beach, Saskatchewan

Sunset View Beach is an organized hamlet within the Rural Municipality of Mervin No. 499, Saskatchewan, Canada. In 2006 the community had a population of 43 people. It previously held the status of village until January 1, 2005. The community is ...

Swanson, Saskatchewan

Swanson is a hamlet in Montrose Rural Municipality 315, Saskatchewan, Canada. The hamlet is located southwest of Saskatoon along Highway 45 along the Canadian National Railway, Delisle-Tichfield Junction stub.

Tantallon, Saskatchewan

Tantallon is a community in Saskatchewan. It is located in the QuAppelle Valley about 32 km east of Round Lake. The community celebrated its centennial in 2004. The communitys school closed due to a lack of students, who are now bused to Esterhaz ...

Timber Bay

Timber Bay is a northern hamlet located in Northern Saskatchewan on the east side of Montreal Lake. It was once on the main highway leading north from Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. Now the main highway, Highway 2, is on the western side of the lak ...

Tobin Lake

Tobin Lake is a reservoir of Saskatchewan, Canada. Tobin Lake was formed by the E.B. Campbell Dam on the Saskatchewan River in 1963. The dam was originally named Squaw Rapids Dam, but was renamed E.B. Campbell Dam in 1988 as local First Nations p ...

Tompkins, Saskatchewan

Tompkins is a village in the Rural Municipality of Gull Lake No. 139, Division No. 8 in the southwestern portion of the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. The village is located between Maple Creek and Swift Current, on the Trans-Canada Highway. ...

Torquay, Saskatchewan

The hamlet of Torquay was created in 1912 when the land was sold to the Canadian Pacific Railway for $2.400. At the suggestion of a railroad superintendents wife, the area was named after the English town of Torquay as like its namesake, it had a ...

Treaty Four Reserve Grounds 77

The Treaty Four Reserve Grounds 77 are an Indian reserve in Saskatchewan, Canada, shared by 33 band governments from Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Reserve Grounds are located adjacent to and west of Fort QuAppelle. In the 2016 Canadian Census, t ...

Turner–Climax Border Crossing

The Turner-Climax Border Crossing connects the towns of Turner, Montana and Climax, Saskatchewan on the Canada–US border. This facility is one of only six joint US-Canada border stations where U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Canada Bor ...

Turnor Lake (Saskatchewan)

Turnor Lake is a lake in northern Saskatchewan, Canada. It is part of a series of connected lakes that flow into the Churchill River drainage system. These lakes from north to south are Wasekamio Lake, Turnor Lake, Frobisher Lake and Churchill La ...

Turtle Lake Lodge

Turtle Lake Lodge is an organized hamlet in the Rural Municipality of Parkdale No. 498, Saskatchewan, Canada. It is located on the east shore of Turtle Lake, approximately 209 km northwest of Saskatoon.

Turtle View

Turtle View is a resort village surrounded by the Rural Municipality of Parkdale No. 498, Saskatchewan, Canada that will be formed in 2020 upon the amalgamation of the organized hamlets of Indian Point – Golden Sands and Turtle Lake Lodge. It is ...

Tuxford, Saskatchewan

Tuxford, named for George Tuxford, is a community in Saskatchewan. Moose Jaw is 14 kilometres south and Buffalo Pound Lake is 16 kilometres north. Highway 2, Highway 42 and Highway 202 all intersect in the community. Highway 202 connects the comm ...

Umisk Island

Umisk Island is a small island in Beaverlodge Lake, Northern Saskatchewan, Canada. The island has a public picnic area. The west shore of the island was the site of exploratory uranium mining. The site was originally staked and surveyed by Eldora ...

Valparaiso, Saskatchewan

Valparaiso is a village within the Rural Municipality of Star City No. 428, in the province of Saskatchewan, Canada. The village had a population of 15 at the 2016 Canada Census. The village is located at the junction of Highway 3 and Range road ...